A couple of days, I joined a NaBloPoMo group for people who were running out of blogging topics. I asked the group for help, thinking that people would mostly commiserate. Everyone had really, really good suggestions instead! I went back tonight, to re-read all the really, really good suggestions. And they sparked nothing in my brain for some reason. It wasn't them, it was me. I could tell they were good ideas but didn't know where to go from them.
So getting tagged for this random meme by http://www.fuenf-neun.com/ was manna from heaven today. This is what you've gotta do, if you're tagged:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK, so seven random things:
1. I can both roll and fold my tongue. Tongue-folding (the long way) is relatively common. Tongue-rolling (rolling back towards the throat from the tip) is rare.
2. My favorite cocoa is Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha.
3. I hate onions, except in the context of French Onion Soup.
4. Within the past year and a half, I conquered my fear of dogs. I used to be terrified of them, although I always liked them in theory. Now, I pet them all the time. I didn't freak out when I met a Lab puppy who wanted to chew on my coat sleeve, and I've even driven some white German Shepherds on transport.
5. One summer, I read the last few chapters of Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth in the cafe at her home, The Mount, for my birthday.
6. I make my own gretting cards out of those puffy scrapbooking stickers for my friends and family on their birthdays.
7. I was at the WTO protests in Seattle in 1999.
Hmmm....now...who to tag??? I know, I know, I know!
2. Stella Devine
And...that's all I have time for before mindight. Anyone else out there in bloggerland, if you read this...uh...you are tagged too, if you want to be!