Friday, February 22, 2008

Booking Through Thursday -- Format

The question before the panel:

Format February 21, 2008
Filed under: Wordpress — --Deb @ 1:18 am

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?


I like a mix of both. All of the Harry Potters, for example, should be in hardback. But a book like Motley Crue's ouvre, The Dirt, is great to take to the beach or into the tub, so I'm glad I have that one in softback. I never gave it much thought, and can't really separate the cost issue from whether or not I'd want all hardbacks or soft covers. I tend to think that the ones I want to keep, like the Harry Potter books, should be all hardbacks, but the ones I bought just because Ir eally wanted to read them are good in softback.

1 comment:

Keetha said...

I tend to prefer paperbacks, those that are slightly oversized (I think these are not mass market paperbacks and I'm sure that size has a name - I just don't know what it is). They're more comfortable to read.

At the same time, I have copies of most of My Most Favorite Books Ever in hardback (A Thousand Acres, New York Days, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil). Just because.