Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Library Thing'd

So, I first heard about this website around the time I did NaBloPoMo last year (and yes, I am going to try it again this year!). I finally got around to making an account on it yesterday. Nothing like procrastination!

I have to admit, at first I didn't really get it. You make the account and upload all the books you own...so??? But I spent a little more time with it today, while I was supposed to be doing housework or getting ready for orchestra or something, and it looks like it's sort of a myspace for books. The best thing about it, though, is...are you ready?.... they will give you free books. It's an "early review" program, and they have a ton of books listed that are new or just coming out. It's sort of a lottery because there are a lot of people who do this, and a limited amount of copies of books. But so what. I figure, even if I win it once a year, I will gladly accept one free book a year. All I have to do in exchange is write about it, which I was going to do anyway.

Some of my readers have probably yawned through this last paragraph, remembering they felt the same way when they discovered this site...like two years ago. If so, I am looking for LibraryThing friends. Feel free to add me. The URL is http://www.librarything.com/home/LibraryDiva76. I'm still working on my library, obviously. It's hard to remember off the top of your head all the books you own. Hell, I forgot the one that's sitting on my desk, d'oh! Hope to see some of you on there!

No comments: